Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc.
iFIX, Proficy Plant Applications, Proficy Operations Hub
Proficy HMI / SCADA, Proficy Smart Factory - MES Solutions, Proficy Historian, Asset Performance Management (APM) Software
At Subaru, the fastest growing car company in America, uptime is critical! Discover how Subaru meets the challenges of:
- Growing demand that drives significant volume
- Quality at the heart of what Subaru does
- Flexibility and adaptability for customers
Proficy Historian and Proficy Plant Applications
In addition to a foundation of iFIX, learn how Subaru leverages Proficy Historian for trending and analysis, and Proficy Plant Applications to identify issue events that may impact production – driving additional productivity gains.
Asset Performance Management
APM in the Trim Shop
Subaru’s goals related to Asset Performance Management are:
- Identify problems with equipment and be more proactive in maintenance
- Get a better understanding of the equipment's life cycle
- Improve overall uptime with different equipment
Putting data to work with Proficy Operations Hub
Subaru has a lot of collected data. With Proficy Operations Hub, the team will use the data better to help reduce production interruptions (downtime). Proficy Operations Hub will help Subaru:
- Identify what might become a quality issue before it does
- Achieve a centralized development tool
- Have a tool to help the team collaborate with all areas of the plant
- Provide tools to management to make educated decisions on real-time data and historical issues the team may have had to deal with
Trent Lester, Group Leader for Integration of Production Control Systems, Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc.
Trent Lester is the Group Leader for Integration of Production Control Systems at Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Incorporated in Lafayette, Indiana. In his current role, Trent is responsible for oversight and management of numerous computer systems that facilitate, monitor and track production in an entirely virtualized environment. The Lafayette-based plant is responsible for producing five Subaru models including: the Legacy, the Outback, the 4- and 5-door Impreza and the 7-8 passenger Ascent. The principal focus of Production Control Systems is automation, data collection and machine controls through the GE Digital software suite. His more than 20 years of experience at Subaru extends beyond IT as he has worked in the production environment in many different capacities. Trent was born and raised in Lafayette, Indiana, where he resides today with his wife and three children, ages: 14, 17 and 20.