Greetings from Austin, Texas!
Today, we had the pleasure of hosting more than 100 customers at the GE Digital User Group meetings for MES, Automation, Historian and APM.
It’s with great excitement that we began our sessions today discussing the many ways we are building on a strong thread of recent investments in our products, including iFIX 6.0; Historian 7.2, Plant Applications 8.0 and Predix Manufacturing Data Cloud for the manufacturing sector; Grid Analytics for the power transmission and distribution market; and APM Integrity’s Compliance Management for the O&G and Power Generation industries.
These advances are essential, but what most excites us is how they fuel five core beliefs.
- Our products focus on our customers’ business outcomes. There is no better place than a user group meeting to understand how industrial companies can get more business value from software and we can ignite the next industrial revolution. Our product managers are on-site to collect feedback, along with members of our user experience team. More than a dozen hands-on workshops and usability testing will feed directly into our roadmap plans as multi-generational workforces change expectations about how and where work is conducted.
- Our commitment to customers’ needs remains steadfast. In our quest to balance traditional manufacturing needs with modernized technology, we remain committed to bringing parity of functionality between cloud and on-premises offerings. In fact, the core codebase for our APM solution is the same for both delivery models.
- Improved visualization is essential to making analytics relevant in operational processes. We’ve committed to integrating business intelligence across all our products to enable advanced visualization, analysis, and reporting. We’re excited to be showcasing the latest version of Plant Applications which demonstrates the power of visualization to unlock business value.
- Customers are at different stages of the journey. There is nothing more important to our team than meeting customers where they are on their journey. From the most advanced operations to those taking their first steps towards digital transformation, we are here to guide and support. I met customers that have been using our software for over 20 years and those who are just getting started. We recognize change doesn’t happen with one giant leap, and we’re committed to making each step manageable.
- We love working with you where you are grounded today, but we know that in 5, 10, or even 20 years those needs will evolve. We work hard every day to ensure we are not only your partner today but we’re ready for you tomorrow. The trust you place in our business and the unprecedented experience we get working with you ensures that we can move faster and smarter into the next industrial revolution together.
Every day our team comes to work energized by new possibilities. This week is especially rewarding because we are here together with our customers. As I like to say, “feedback is a gift”, and we appreciate you helping make our products better. Thank you!
We can’t wait to explore these concepts in greater depth when we kick off the GE Digital User Conference tomorrow. Follow along with us on social media. #GEDUC19