GE stock is widely held among individual investors, who can purchase it through GE Stock Direct or by contacting a brokerage firm. See below to learn more about how to purchase GE stock, and access other useful information.
GE Stock Direct
GE Stock Direct enables investors to buy shares of GE common stock directly from GE.
Shares can be purchased by contacting GE's transfer agent, Wells Fargo Shareowner Services. https://www.shareowneronline.com/
+1 800 786 2543
+1 651 450 4064 (international number)
You can also buy GE stock through brokerage firms that act as a facilitator between individual investors and GE.
GE common stock is listed on the:
- New York Stock Exchange (its principal market)
- London Stock Exchange
- Euronext Paris
- SIX Swiss Exchange
- Frankfurt Stock Exchange
Visit these websites to see a list of authorized brokerage firms.
Annual Report and Proxy E-Delivery
Sign up to receive future Annual Reports and Proxy Statements by email when they become available.
1099-DIV, 1099-B and 1042-S
- The 1099-DIV statement is sent by January 31st each year, except for reporting amounts under $10.00.
- 1099-B is sent by March 15th each year for all reporting amounts per the IRS.
- 1042-S is sent by March 15th each year except for reporting amounts under $1.00.
For more information about these tax statements, contact GE’s transfer agent,
Wells Fargo. https://www.shareowneronline.com/
- +1 800 786 2543
+1 651 450 4064 (international number)
Prior to 2017
Investors seeking tax statements for periods prior to 2017 should contact Computershare. https://www.computershare.com
- +1 800 522 6645
Synchrony Financial Exchange
On August 5, 2014, GE completed the initial public offering (IPO) of its North American Retail Finance business, Synchrony Financial, as a first step in a planned, staged exit from that business.
Following the IPO, on November 17, 2015, GE completed the split-off of Synchrony Financial, through which the Company accepted 671,366,809 shares of GE common stock from its shareholders in exchange for 705,270,833 shares of Synchrony Financial common stock.
Click here to learn more about terms of this exchange offer and for IRS Form 8937 "Report of Organizational Actions Affecting Basis of Securities".
Stock Redemption Program
Due to low participation, GE ended the Stock Redemption program on November 10, 2016 for GE Stock Direct Investors. If you want to sell your shares of GE stock, please contact GE’s current transfer agent, Wells Fargo. Note that sales are subject to a fee of $10 per transaction plus $0.15 per share sold. This fee structure was not changed as part of the switch to Wells Fargo as new transfer agent.
Avoid Losing Your Shares to the
State as Unclaimed Property
Every U.S. state puts an obligation on shareholders to remain active or their shares will be considered lost. If investors fail to communicate regularly with GE, their state of residence can take their shares and, in many cases, sell them. Investors will be required to go to the state to reacquire them, but if the state has sold their shares, they will have lost all dividends and any increase in value. Every state has this law, often referred to as Unclaimed Property.
If you hold stock directly with GE, these are the steps you can take to stay active as a shareowner:
- Review and update your account details by contacting the GE’s transfer agent, Wells Fargo, at least once every 3 years. The same rule applies for GE’s Dividend Reinvestment program.
- Vote in the Proxy each year when opportunity is provided.
- Cash your dividend checks promptly. To avoid lost checks, consider setting up Direct Deposit for dividend payments.
- Report shareholder status changes. If your spouse or parent passed away owning GE shares, contact Wells Fargo Shareowner Services to re-register the shares.
- Immediately sign and return contact letter(s) mailed from Wells Fargo.
If you have other questions about unclaimed property, please call or write GE’s Unclaimed Property team:
Bruce Squillante Unclaimed Property Controller
+1 239 275 2429
+1 616 460 1614
Wava Houston Unclaimed Property Manager
+1 239 275 2455