Fixed Income Investor
Also known as bond and money market security investors, fixed income investors act as lenders of capital for the company.
Overview of General Electric Capital Corporation merger with and into GE
Effective December 2, 2015, General Electric Capital Corporation (GECC) merged with and into GE (the "Merger") to assure compliance with debt covenants as GECC exits the assets planned for disposition. Upon the Merger, the obligations of GECC under its then outstanding debt obligations were assumed by GE (the "GE Debt Assumption"). On December 2, 2015, as part of the GE Debt Assumption and as a result of the Merger, GE succeeded to GECC and assumed the obligations of GECC under all of GECC's outstanding indebtedness and other financial obligations, including:
- Approximately $67.5 billion in senior unsecured, subordinated and senior secured notes issued or guaranteed by GECC pursuant to the GECC U.S. medium term note programs;
- Approximately $55.2 billion of senior and subordinated debt securities issued or guaranteed by GECC under the GE Capital European medium term note program for issuances by GECC, GE Capital European Funding, GE Capital UK Funding and/or GE Capital Australia Funding Pty Ltd.
- Approximately $8.9 billion of commercial paper issued by GECC.
The notes described above, and certain other debt securities issued by or guaranteed by GECC, benefited from the guarantee of GE provided pursuant to the Amended and Restated Agreement between GE and GECC, dated April 10, 2015 and various supplemental indentures entered into in connection therewith. As a result of the Merger and GE Debt Assumption, the Amended and Restated Agreement and the supplemental indentures have terminated according to their terms.
GE's and GE Capital's ratings are set forth in the table below.
Credit ratings and outlooks are opinions subject to ongoing review by the rating agencies and may change from time to time based on GE's financial performance, industry dynamics, and other factors.
Commercial paper is short-term unsecured senior debt issued in the open market by both financial and nonfinancial companies with strong credit ratings. It's one of the oldest and most widely used money market instruments in the U.S. and in markets around the world.
Individual Investors cannot buy commercial paper directly. General Electric sells its commercial paper directly to institutional investors only.
Our rates are available electronically on Bloomberg or by dialing the number below:
|General Electric Company||+1 800 525 5471|
Range of Maturities
Commercial paper is generally offered from 1 to 270 days.
Minimum Investment Amount
The minimum is $100,000 for transactions with a term of seven days or more. For transactions with a term of one to six days, the minimum amount is $500,000.
There are no fees. General Electric issues commercial paper directly. When sold this way to an institutional investor, there is no fee, spread or commission paid to GE.
General Electric settles its commercial paper transactions through the Depository Trust Company (DTC), the central securities depository subsidiary of the Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation (DTCC). GE's issuing and paying agent bank will deliver the commercial paper transaction in book entry form to the custodian via DTC.
- Pret en ligne - demande de credit - GE Money Bank
- 2019-06 GE SCF Investor Report (PDF, 369KB)
- 2019-03 GE SCF Investor Report (PDF, 353KB)
- 2018-12 GE SCF Investor Report (PDF, 59KB)
- 2018-09 GE SCF Investor Report (PDF, 88KB)
- 2018-06 GE SCF Investor Report (PDF, 88KB)
- 2018-03 GE SCF Investor Report (PDF, 88KB)
- 2017-12 GE SCF Investor Report (PDF, 87KB)
- 2017-09 GE SCF Investor Report (PDF, 35KB)
- 2017-06 GE SCF Investor Report (PDF, 160KB)
- 2017-03 GE SCF Investor Report (PDF, 160KB)
- 2016-12 GE SCF Investor Report (PDF, 160KB)
- 2016-09 GE SCF Investor Report (PDF, 155KB)
- 2016-06 GE SCF Investor Report (PDF, 160KB)
- 2016-03 GE SCF Investor Report (PDF, 160KB)
- 2015-12 GE SCF Investor Report (PDF, 159KB)
- 2015-09 GE SCF Investor Report (PDF, 159KB)
- 2015-06 GE SCF Investor Report (PDF, 175KB)
- 2015-03 GE SCF Investor Report (PDF, 154KB)
- 2014-12 GE SCF Investor Report (PDF, 158KB)
- 2014-09 GE SCF Investor Report (PDF, 159KB)
- 2014-06 GE SCF Investor Report (PDF, 161KB)
- 2014-03 GE SCF Investor Report (PDF, 160KB)
Tax Issue Price for 2015
GECC Note Exchange
Issuer’s Determination and Communication of “traded on an established securities market” Status and Issue Price of Newly Issued Debt
Tax Information Provided by GE Capital International Funding Company Pursuant to United States Treasury Regulation § 1.1273-2(f)(9): Issuer’s Determination and Communication of “traded on an established securities market” Status and Issue Price of Newly Issued Debt
Notice to Holders of certain medium-term notes
issued by Subsidiaries of the General Electric Company
As a result of an internal reorganization undertaken by General Electric Company, interest payments made after November 25, 2018 will be treated as U.S.-source interest for U.S. federal income tax purposes. Please see attached notice for additional details.
Notice to holders of General Electric Company
Series D preferred stock
General Electric Company confirms that all distributions made on General Electric Company Series D preferred stock in 2016 constitute dividends for purposes of related IRS Forms 1099-DIV and 1042-S reporting , consistent with the tax disclosure included with the prospectus published in connection with the issuance of these securities. This information does not constitute tax advice. Please refer to the tax disclosure included in the General Electric Company Series D preferred stock prospectus for additional information. You are urged to consult your tax advisor with respect to the application of U.S. federal tax laws to your particular situation.
No Offer or Solicitation:
The information contained on this web site is provided for informational purposes only, and does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security or debt instrument. Furthermore, none of the information contained on this web site is incorporated into any materials accompanying an offer to sell or solicitation of an offer to buy any security or debt.
Information Subject to Change and May Contain Dated Information:
General Electric Company, General Electric Capital Corporation, and their officers, employees, and affiliates reserve the right to amend or revise any information contained on this web site at any time without notification. Program and transaction documents contained herein may be amended, supplemented, or otherwise modified from time to time. The documentation is subject to change without notice. The information contained on this web site is current only as of the date the information was originally issued. We have undertaken no obligation, and have assumed no responsibility, to update the information contained in any materials on this web site for facts or events arising after the date the materials were originally prepared. General Electric Company, General Electric Capital Corporation, and their officers, employees, and affiliates assume no responsibility for damages incurred in connection with the use of the information contained herein.
The securities and debt instruments described on this web site are not FDIC insured and are not bank deposits, obligations or guarantees. As described above, they may lose value.