GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services that are shaping a new age in patient care.
- GE Healthcare in Vietnam provides state-of-the-art medical equipment for large hospitals such as 108 Hospital, Friendship Hospital, Viet Duc Hospital, FV Hospital, Viet Sing Clinic, Bach Mai Hospital and numerous provincial facilities. More than half of all clinics and hospitals in Vietnam have at least one piece of GE medical technology/equipment.
- In August 2012, GE Healthcare signed a MOU with the Ministry of Health to focus on improving local innovation and building products, resources, and technology for local needs.
- In November 2014, GE introduced a new suite of innovative solutions for the survival and growth of newborns across Vietnam. The new series of “Lullaby” infant care products will increase access to these critical life-saving devices, particularly in primary care or low-resource settings.
- In March 2015, the company also introduced its new CARESCAPE R860 ventilator, which can help reduce the risk of harming the patients as a result of mechanical ventilation.
- In March 2015, GE Healthcare and Bach Mai Hospital also signed a MOU to introduce a new education program at the Hanoi-based hospital, aimed at improving patient connectivity and clinical decision making. The collaboration includes $250K in patient monitors, which will be used to help train Vietnamese clinicians from across the country on how to better utilize patient monitors to improve patient care, specifically in the Emergency Department and Intensive Care Unit.
- In April 2015, GE Healthcare and Vietnam National Heart Institute co-hosted medical education seminar with well-known experts in the field. It is the first event hosted by GE Healthcare’s recently launched Ultrasound School, a virtual institution directly under the company’s ASEAN Healthcare Learning Institute, which is dedicated to the education and training of Vietnamese clinicians in the use of ultrasound equipment.
Now, even brighter possibilities are coming to light with new quantitative tools that generate more consistent PET measurements. With GE’s Q.Clear PET/CT solution, clinicians can more accurately assess treatment response for cancer patients. Q.Clear technology provides up to two times improvement in PET quantitative accuracy and image quality, enabling clinicians to quickly and confidently evaluate a patient’s response to cancer treatment.
SenoClaire’s three-dimensional imaging technology and low-dose X-ray sweep enhances imagery of masses and lesions. The enhanced resolution help radiologists reduce recall rates and identify earlier.
GE Healthcare’s breakthrough ultra-fast CT scanner, 510(k)-pending, Revolution CT, captures motion-free images of the human heart and other organs. Enabling clinicians to non-invasively visualize the human heart will improve the treatment of patients with erratic or high heartbeats.
GE is addressing healthcare challenges unique to Vietnam through its LEAN management training course. Provided through GE Healthcare’s ASEAN Healthcare Learning Institute (AHLI), the course teaches management principles to strengthen the skills and competencies of hospital staff. Committed to providing modern training in tandem with advanced technology, GE is helping to alleviate the fundamental challenges facing Vietnam’s healthcare sector.