Dave is the Chief Information Officer for GE Research. His team’s missions are the development, enabling, and scaling of digital technologies and advanced digital capabilities for Research, GE Businesses, and Government customers to deliver value and outcomes.
His team’s most recent innovations include:
- Next generation Enterprise High Performance Computing Products & Services with GPU acceleration;
- Enterprise Advanced Materials Platform for materials engineering;
- Enterprise Central Highwall for critical intellectual property security;
- Research Analytics Cloud with big data, machine learning as a service and digital thread for design automations;
- Research 5G Technology Testbeds for 5G demonstrators;
- Custom software engineering for Research Customer Relationship Management;
- Portfolio/Project Management; and
- Government Operations
He currently chair’s the US Government Department of Energy’s Exascale Computing Project Industry & Agency Council and chair’s the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics Digital Engineering Integration Committee.
Previously, Dave served as the Engineering Chief Information Officer for GE Oil & Gas where his teams drove digital transformation within engineering product development and across the functions.
Prior to GE, he spent more than 25 years with GM leading teams in Global Systems Development & Operations, Global Product Development, and Global Manufacturing.
Dave is a graduate of Kettering University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering. He is also a graduate of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute with a Master of Science in Engineering and Management of Technology. He is a certified DFSS Blackbelt.