GE Innovation Point development
GE Innovation Point will be the new home of GE in Boston. Built in 1907, the two Necco Court buildings are historic brick-and-beam structures that once housed the New England Confectionery Company. The upper levels of the buildings will host GE offices and the ground floor will be open for public use. GE incorporated sustainable and resilient measures into the buildings, including elevating the first floor of the buildings, rainwater capture and reuse, and salt tolerant plantings.
- 2 historic, 5-story buildings
- 95,000 sq. ft. of space
- 4-story Necco Court bridge rehabilitated
- 75% of the ground floor will be open for public use, including a waterfront bistro
- 275 beams restored and reused
- 1st floor elevated to 19.5 ft. Boston City Base to protect against sea level rise
- 250 employees
- Opening August 2019
January | February
December | November | October | September | August | July | June | May | April | March | February | January
Sign up for GE Innovation Point construction updates
For inquiries and information:
617 443 3434
GE begins construction of Harborwalk
GE breaks ground on GE Innovation Point.
Remediation of historic brick buildings begin.
GE announces decision to move to Boston.