INNOVATION DRIVES GROWTH OF RENEWABLE ENERGY
- Jérôme Pécresse, President & CEO, GE Renewable Energy
Key Contracts and Milestones
- Launched Cypress Onshore Wind Platform, including 5.3 MW unit capable of producing power for the equivalent of 5,200 European residential homes. Lowers costs of energy and serves land constrained markets with unique two-piece blade design.
- Eni and GE Renewable Energy announced that GE will supply 13 of GE's 3.8-130 onshore wind turbines for the Badamsha project in Kazakhstan. With its 48 MW of wind power the plant will increase the Country's wind capacity by 25%.
- Commercializing innovative hybrid solutions: Commissioning the 37 MW Wind + Storage Tullahennel project in Ireland, the first commercial wind turbine integrated BESS system in the world. Also closed a 2.5 MW Wind + Solar deal with Juhl Energy in Minnesota.
- Completed installation of 396 MW Merkur offshore windfarm in Germany’s North Sea on time, demonstrating our capacity to handle complex offshore projects.
Commissioned two strategic projects:
- Qiongzhong pumped-storage power station in China (600 MW)
- Obervermuntwerk II pumped-storage power station in Austria (360 MW)
LM WIND POWER
- Closed commercial agreements for delivery of blades in the 2-4 MW segment through 2020 for China, Brazil and India.
- Announced acquisition of the WMC test facilities in the Netherlands.
- Pete McCabe, CEO of GE Renewable Energy Onshore Wind