INNOVATION DRIVES GROWTH OF RENEWABLE ENERGY
– Jérôme Pécresse, President & CEO of GE Renewable Energy
Key Contracts and Milestones
- Closed a deal with Scout Clean Energy to supply 120 GE 2.5 MW wind turbines for the 300 MW Ranchero wind farm in Crockett County, Texas.
- Will provide 60 1.7-103 units to the 100 MW Kipeto wind farm in Kenya, providing enough electricity to power the equivalent of 40,000 homes.
- Selected to supply equipment for the first commercial integrated solar-wind hybrid power generation project in the US, a 2 MW community based renewable energy project in Minnesota.
- Signed an agreement to supply 32 3.83 MW turbines to the 122 MW Los Teros wind farm in Argentina’s Azul province of Buenos Aires.
LM WIND POWER
- Inaugurated a new Technology Center Americas facility outside New Orleans, where the company plans to hire 100 new employees by 2021 to help research new techniques for making wind turbine blades lighter and more cost-effective.
- Announced new ground-based blade inspection system
that will enable GE's customers to manage blade
assets more proactively and has the proven potential
to reduce blade O&M costs by up to 25%.
- Announced a $11 million four-year research partnership with UK's Offshore Renewable Energy (ORE) Catapult to improve reliability, drive down operating costs and improve safety of offshore wind operations – reinforcing company’s commitment to one of largest offshore wind markets in the world.
- Signed a contract to provide seven 60 MW Francis turbines for the new Nachtigal Hydro Power Company (NHPC) in Cameroon, Africa.
- Pascal Radue, President & CEO of GE Renewable Energy’s Hydro business