Controlled Flue Gas Cooling & Waste Heat Exchanger Solutions
GE’s waste heat recovery plant solutions aren’t just a way to cut costs and lower emissions, they allow you to recover more energy than you ever thought possible—contributing to a more successful, profitable plant.
Our waste heat exchange technology can cut your costs by:
- Helping you achieve fuel savings for captive power/steam generator through feedwater preheating
- Reducing your specific energy consumption for producing steel, and reducing maintenance costs for the quench tower
- Increasing captive power plant efficiency with the most advanced flue gas energy recovery technology
And lower emissions standards by:
- Lowering emissions of SOx, NOX and CO2 through reduced fuel consumption
- Increasing your captive power plant’s energy efficiency
- Reducing your energy consumption per ton of steel produced
- Minimizing your plant’s environmental load
…all using heat recovery solutions which seamlessly integrates with your existing installation. Our waste heat recovery technology have been proven in other industries to recover up to 30% in previously lost energy.
Want to learn how your iron & steel plant can benefit from waste energy solutions?
Have questions for GE?
Recover and reuse waste heat
Improving your plant economics isn’t easy. Here are some results we’ve seen across the iron & steel industry.
To combat the price of iron and steel, we want to help you lower your operating expenses. In the ferro-alloy and ferro-silicon industries we helped improve the economics of the smelter operation with a recovery of up to 30% of the original electrical feed to the smelters.
Other details include:
- The melting energy used in the installation amounted to 70 MWel
- Recovering heat from the smelting exhaust produces 20 MWel. of electricity for internal use (representing recovery of up to 28% of the smelter’s energy consumption)
- In many cases, the payback of the waste heat is proportional to the cost of alternative power production