Traditional utility operations consist of multiple systems, each configured to measure and monitor singular machines or small groups of equipment. Information and people work in silos, and operator capacity to analyze collected data is limited. Utility operations management and staff need the ability to consolidate and provide a “single pane of glass” to monitor how assets are performing—holistically—across the power plant, generation fleet and transmission and distribution grid.
Asset Performance Management (APM) is a software application that helps to increase reliability and availability of power plants and power transmission and distribution assets while reducing maintenance costs and unplanned downtime. APM connects disparate data sources and uses advanced analytics to turn data into actionable insights while fostering collaboration and knowledge management across the organization.
- Visibility into machine status and issues and all asset-related KPIs including cost, work orders, and history anywhere, anytime
- Better decision-making through a single source of truth that crosses organizational silos
- A wing-to-wing story that brings together real-time data, alarms, events, and other operational data to get a clear picture of asset performance
- Develop maintenance strategies that balance reliability, performance and costs
- Optimize maintenance tied to asset criticality, failure mode, cost targets, and risk of failure with inputs from advanced analytics and other data sources
GE’s APM solutions deliver utility outcomes.
Bruce Power Enhances Availability to Power Ontario at a Lower Cost with APM
Xcel Energy Improves Efficiency and Accountability by Implemented APM
See How SRP Gained Asset, Plant, and Fleet Reliability
APM Improves Availability and Reliability of RasGas Power Plant Assets
SEE IT IN ACTION
Explore how GE’s solutions are helping to solve challenges for companies all over the world and driving digital strategy, proactiveness, and reliability.