Remote VSV Monitoring
A Linear Variable Differential Transducer (LVDT) system is installed that allows remote monitoring of the Variable Stator Vanes (VSV) positions without having to enter the package and take manual readings during engine operation.
What Can Upgrading Do for You?
- VSV is present to maximize efficiency over a wide range of air speeds.
- Proper monitoring of VSV position with LVDT allows the VSV to function more efficiently.
- LVDT position allows remote monitoring and accurate position of VSV to be known at all times.
- LVDT signal can be used for data or alarm processing.
How we get you there
- The Variable Stator Vane (VSV) is part of the High Pressure Compressor (HPC) assembly and thus difficult to access.
- A Linear Variable Differential Transducer (LVDT) system can be installed allowing remote monitoring of Variable Stator Vanes (VSV) positions.
- The LVDT will be mounted on the Compressor Front Frame (CFF) at approximately the 9 o’clock position.
- LVDT is mechanically connected to the VSV union ring by a pin and a clevis arrangement.
- Union ring movement will send a signal back to the operator through the LVDT.
- Installation will include:
- LVDT transducer and hardware.
- Remote signal conditioner and hardware.
- Cable between signal conditioner and LVDT.
- Modified control system and HMI screen software.
Applicable Turbine Models