LM6000 Hybrid EGT™
GE’s LM6000 Hybrid EGT™ integrates a Battery Energy Storage system with the LM6000 gas turbine, enabling contingency (spinning) reserve without fuel-burn between demand events. This also enables high speed regulation, primary frequency response, and voltage support (-8 to +5 MVAR) with the combined response of the gas turbine and battery storage system.
What Can Upgrading Do for You?
- 50 MW+ of greenhouse gas free contingency reserve
- 50 MW+ of flexible capacity
- 50 MW+ of peaking energy
- 25 MW of high quality regulation
- 10MVA of reactive voltage support and primary frequency response when not online
- Zero Fuel use and emissions between dispatch events while supporting ancillary services
With the integrated Battery Energy Storage system, the GE Inverters and GE’s LM6000 OpFlexTM controls upgrade, we can transform your GE LM6000 to a powerful tool to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and provide benefits while balancing the use of renewable and combined-cycle gas turbine assets.
How it works
- 10MW Li Power Battery
- GE Brillaint 1.25 MVA Inverters
- OpFlex Hybrid Upgrade Package
- Mark VIe based control system
- Proprietary control system software that uses the gas turbine to balance the storage system’s state of charge fully integrated and performance backed by GE
Applicable Turbine Models