Gas to Dual Fuel – LM6000
This upgrade provides the capability to run either on gas or liquid fuel, with or without water injection for NOx control. The modification includes the addition of dual-fuel manifolds with water injection capability, dual fuel nozzles, metering valves, shutoff valves, liquid fuel boost skid and control system updates as needed.
What Can Upgrading Do for You?
- Improved versatility of the package by allowing the LM6000 turbine to operate on either liquid fuel or natural gas.
- Availability of the package can be maintained in the event of a disruption to natural gas fuel supply.
- Increased operational flexibility – and profitability – introduced with the capability to switch from one fuel to another, even at full load. CDP air-cooling system is required for full load transfers.
How we get you there
- The upgrade includes on-engine, off-engine, and the off-package liquid fuel delivery and filtration skids, along with updated controls software and hardware, to yield a unit capable of operating on either natural gas or liquid fuel.
- Main mechanical changes consist of installing all major components and piping to supply liquid fuel from the customer connection (flanged outside of main base) to the on-engine liquid fuel manifold.
- Standard package components consist of a fuel-metering valve, shutoff valves, check valves, and fuel return lines.
- New liquid fuel manifolds and fuel nozzle tubes are installed on the turbine and the gas fuel nozzles are replaced with dual fuel nozzles.
- A gas purge system and a Compressor Discharge Pressure (CDP) purge system is also installed.
- Gas fuel is used to purge the liquid fuel system while operating on gas fuel to prevent backflow from the combustor.
- CDP air is used to purge the gas fuel system during liquid fuel operation to prevent coking of the gas fuel circuit and prevent backflow from the combustor.
- 50Hz and 60Hz can be selected, adding applicable 50Hz and 60Hz parts and maintaining common parts to both systems. A CDP cooler can be selected for both 50Hz and 60Hz options.
- Customers already configured for water injection must replace the water injection pumps with high pressure pumps to properly operate on liquid fuel and meet 42 ppm NOx.
- An optional CDP cooler can be added to allow fuel transfers at full load.
- Optional liquid fuel forwarding and boost pump skids are available separately.
Applicable Turbine Models
To see pricing information, request a quote.