Automatic Voltage Regulator Upgrade
The EX2100e excitation control is GE's advanced platform for generator excitation systems. The EX2100e builds on the EX2100 experience of over 1,200 units in gas, steam, and hydro applications for new units and upgrades – in addition to GE’s 40 years of experience with over 6,000 excitation systems in 70 countries.
What Can Upgrading Do for You?
- Maximum reliability and less spare parts inventory, with redundant control and protection.
- Better availability with improved diagnostics and online repair.
- Improved performance with advanced algorithms, incorporating decades of fleet experience and the latest controls technology such as the Power System Stabilizer (PSS).
- Enhanced operability and maintenance, with a versatile software suite.
- Reduced life-cycle support with a common architecture, networks, and software suite.
- More computing power for upgrades and simplified controller replacement.
- Easy to program and modify.
How we get you there
- It is compatible with the new Mark VIe controller and ControlST* software suite.
- ControlST software suite comprises several high performance tools for ease of use, including:
- WorkstationST* software for management of HMI and Historian functions.
- ToolboxST* application for configuration and diagnostics.
- CIMPLICITY* graphics user interface.
- Software tools include system diagrams with signal flow, sequencing, and regulator control in the excitation control.
- System consists of one controller, a protection module, power con version bridges, and the power magnetics/transformers.
- PSS enables the generator to produce and transmit more power in a stable manner by reducing low frequency rotor oscillations.
- Touchscreen local operator interface:
- Provides local status display, alarm information and basic operating controls
- Uses standard web browser that links through Ethernet network to a web server running on UCSB controllers of the control systems.
- Integrates into existing HMIs.
Applicable Turbine Models
- LM/TM2500, LM6000, LM1600, LM5000, LMS100