Asset Performance Management
Asset Performance Management leverages cutting-edge technology to monitor the performance, health and the safety of your gas turbine by GE experts in order to reduce downtime, avoid engine damage and remotely resolve issues. This upgrade allows 24 x 7 access to operating data and advisory services.
What Can Upgrading Do for You?
- Increased up-time – Active monitoring, supported by engineering experts, can provide early warning of changing operating conditions and prompt on-site action for issue resolution. High-speed access to data enables faster response to unplanned events. Certain faults may be diagnosed and corrected without a site visit, thereby reducing downtime.
- Preventive maintenance – Diagnostic programs seek out emerging trends to enable proactive intervention against potential outages and extended downtime.
- Remote support – Connect to our highly skilled technical representatives in the Quick Response Center (QRC) to remotely tune your engine for optimized emissions and operations. The QRC is also there to help you troubleshoot problems.
How we get you there
- GE Power offers a 24x7 Remote Monitoring and Diagnostic (RM&D) service for aeroderivative gas turbine plants. Using advanced analytics, this service enables increased availability, reliability, operating performance and maintenance effectiveness.
- In GE’s twin RM&D centers in Houston and Cincinnati, a team of more than 20 experienced OEM experts monitors your assets. Operating data is transmitted using the On-Site Monitor (OSM) via a virtual private network (VPN) connection and stored in our secure centralized data warehouse.
- Advanced analytics trigger alerts or advisories to notify and support users of anomalies. A wealth of physics-based OEM design knowledge, combined with fleet statistics, drives continuous development of algorithms to increase the probability of early detection.
Applicable Turbine Models
- LM2500, LM6000, LMS100, TM2500