What Can Upgrading Do for You?
The new 6B Repowering upgrade can advance performance in both gas turbine and combined-cycle operation:
- Output increase up to 25% (combined-cycle operation)
- Efficiency improvement up to 5 points (simple and combined-cycle operation)
- Turndown as low as 40%
- NOx reduction as low as 15 ppm
- Fits into the existing 6B footprint
…all without sacrificing the unit’s renowned reliability—which exceeds 98%--or fuel flexibility.
How we get you there
By injecting a range of advanced technologies from GE’s F- and H-Class gas turbine fleets, the 6B Repowering upgrade transforms the 6B unit into a GE 6F.01 gas turbine.
The upgrade consists of a full “flange-to-flange” upgrade of all major components including the combustion system, hot gas path, and compressor. Additionally, it incorporates a hot end drive with a new exhaust frame and radial diffuser- a design scaled from the 6F.01 new unit
We can apply this upgrade to any 6B unit, including machines that operate in a wide range of applications including:
- District heating
- Oil & gas
- Utility for electricity generation