Building on its exceptional turbine performance and reliability of our 1.5MW series platform, GE advanced its original Class I wind turbine, the 1.5-70.5 with increased rotor length and controls technology resulting in greater annual energy production. Focusing on performance, reliability, efficiency, and multi-generational product evolution, GE's Class I 1.5-77 wind turbine continues to deliver wind product leadership.
1.5 - 77 Wind Turbine
Features and Benefits:
- Highest capacity factor in its class
- Designed to meet or exceed the 1.5 MW platform's historic high availability
- Grid friendly options are available - Enhanced Reactive Power, Voltage Ride Thru, Power Factor Control
- Wind Farm Control System; WindSCADA™
- Sharing of components with family products
- GE's proprietary 37-meter blade
- Rotor Diameter 77 meters
- Hub Height 65 and 80 meters
- Frequency 50/60 Hz
- Weather Standard/Cold Weather Extreme
GE's 1.5-77 turbine has a 19% increase in swept area relative to the 1.5-70.5 resulting in greater Annual Energy Production (AEP). GE's 1.5-77 Class I wind turbine has a 57.9% gross capacity factor at 10 m/s – a class leading performance.
GE's new 1.5-77 (Class I) with Advanced Loads Control shares components with the 1.5-77 (Class II) and 1.6-82.5 creating one common 1.5 MW wind turbine series platform. This ensures consistent workhorse reliability, ease of maintenance planning and high commonality in spare parts.
Available in 65 and 80 meter heights, the towers are reinforced for use in seismic areas. The 1.5-77 turbine is designed for the most robust wind resource environments on the planet.
Focusing on performance, reliability, efficiency, and multi-generational product evolution, GE's Class I 1.5-77 wind turbine continues to deliver wind product leadership. GE's proprietary Advanced Loads Control system is designed to enable the 1.5–77 meter rotor wind turbine to meet design loads and related certification requirements for IEC Class I.
- Designed to IEC 61400-1
- TC Ib: 10 m/s average wind speed; B turbulence intensity
- Standard and cold weather extreme options
- Standard tower corrosion protection; C2 internal and C3 external with optional C4 internal and C5 external available
- Rotational direction: Clockwise viewed from an upwind location
- Speed regulation: Electric drive pitch control with battery backup
- Aerodynamic brake: Full feathering of blade pitch