GE focuses on building strong local talent through ongoing training.
At GE, we base everything we do around four ways we can change the world.
GE is helping to build Egypt by providing capital, expertise and infrastructure for a global economy. With more than 400 employees in Egypt, GE also focuses on building strong local talent through ongoing training. We are providing leadership to help drive diversity in Egypt through initiatives such as the Women’s Network. GE is also partnering with the public and private sector to work on megaprojects that can help cater to Egypt’s infrastructure and economic needs.
- Problem:Unemployment rates remain high in Egypt.
- GE Solution: During the construction phase of the Tahrir Petrochemicals Complex, more than 20,000 professionals and skilled workers will be employed, in addition to creating several thousands more indirect jobs. Once operational, the facility will add another 3,000 high-skilled jobs for engineers and technicians.
- Problem:The region needs a new generation of leaders.
- GE Solution: GE’s Leadership Acceleration for Business (LAB) program is a learning center engaged in cutting-edge business education and leadership. Leveraging GE’s world-renowned “Crotonville” leadership curriculum, over 1,500 people have been trained at the center.
- Problem:Women are 2.1 times more likely on average to be unemployed than their male counterparts in the Middle East and North Africa.
- GE Solution: GE’s Women’s Network accelerates the advancement of women in the region. Over 500 women already collaborate with GE business in the region. This number continues to grow, providing development that focuses on leadership, advancement and career-broadening opportunities needed to drive GE’s success.
- Problem:The region needs home-grown solutions that will drive sustainable growth.
- GE Solution: GE opened the ecomagination Center in Masdar City to bring local stakeholders to discuss and create innovative solutions that will promote growth and sustainability in the region.
The Building Top Five
Fresh, interesting content from GE around the web.