GE Capital is expected to grow to roughly 300 information technology professionals and focus on excellence and innovation for our employes and our customers.
Mike DeBoer Technology Center CIO"New Orleans is becoming the hub of the South. We want to take advantage of the entrepreneurial capability and the business climate that's happening here."
Tracy Bridenbaugh Manager of IT Projects"When I got to New Orleans, I felt right at home from day one. The perception's completely different once you're here it's a wonderful city."
Over the next three years, the center is expected to grow to roughly 300 information technology professionals, and focus on developing innovative new software, processes and technologies to drive excellence for GE Capital and its customers.
GE Capital Technology Center
GE Capital has signed a long-term lease for approximately 60,000 square feet of office space at Place St. Charles, in the heart of New Orleans' Central Business District.
Communications Manager – GE Capital Technology Center New Orleans
$1.7B buyout agreement ends exposure for GE
related to 2008 sale of Japanese consumer loan business
- Company will invest $10B additional in cleaner technology R&D by 2020
- New projects to reduce flare gas & research alternatives to water in shale development
- Innovations could advance understanding of traumatic brain injury and improve diagnostic tools
- Breakthrough ideas include:
- A blood test designed to rapidly identify and measure traumatic brain injury;
- A brain imaging technique to identify connections broken in the brain after a traumatic brain injury
- An electroencephalography (EEG) that could become an in-the-field imaging test