GE strives to make its products and services accessible for all users, including people with disabilities. Since 2002, GE has been working to make its Web content accessible to as broad a user base as possible. Our corporate Web site, www.ge.com, complies with best practices and standards as defined by Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) of the World Wide Web Consortium Web Accessibility Initiative (W3C WAI). We have also earned Non-Visual Accessibility (NVA) certification from The National Federation of the Blind (NFB), the largest consumer organization of the visually impaired in the United States.
GE.com is monitored and tested regularly by internal and third party accessibility consultants to identify any usability issues as well as discover new solutions to further improve the accessibility of our site. Our current accessibility features include:
- Alternative text detail for appropriate images and other non-text elements.
- Title attributes for additional information about links and indication of new browser windows.
- Structural markup to indicate headings and lists to aid in page comprehension.
- Association of forms with labels.
- Association of all data cells in a data table with their headers.
- Embedded documents and multimedia accessibility efforts are under way. GE will provide reasonable alternative formats upon request until this effort is completed.
As we continue to improve our Web site, we will reflect any changes here within our accessibility statement, so you will know the progress we are making.
We value your opinions. If you have comments or questions, you can send them directly to us via our feedback form.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ge.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 1-203-373-3951. Thanks for your interest in GE!