GE is one of the pioneering companies that set up manufacturing operations in 1969 in Jurong —Singapore’s first modern industrial estate. Our operations have developed in tandem with Singapore’s aspirations from low wage assembly to a high technology, value adding solutions provider and a regional hub for commercial operations and financial services. Our people perform important tasks in complex manufacturing, engineering services, research and customer applications development, leadership development and regional commercial operations.
Today, GE has about 4,000 employees in Singapore. To improve productivity and sustain economic growth, Singapore continues to develop its talent pool, modernize infrastructure and systems, adopt new technologies, business models, and innovate.
Singapore’s pro-business environment, reliable and efficient infrastructure, pool of global talent and forward- looking companies provide GE with a stable and well-networked platform for growth. GE continues to find exciting growth opportunities in Singapore in Aviation, Healthcare, Power and Renewable Energy. These opportunities extend into other global markets where Singapore companies compete in.
We operate across a number of business sectors in Singapore:
- GE Aviation Services Singapore (GE AESS) employs more than 1,600 people and provides aircraft engine component manufacturing and repair services for more than 100 customers and is one of GE Aviation’s most efficient plants globally.
- A new S$42 million, 50,000 square foot facility located in Seletar Aerospace Park to produce high pressure compressor components was opened in 2019. This facility manufactures components for the GE9X engine that powers Boeing’s 777X aircraft. There are also two Engine Component Repair facilities in Loyang. Co-located with these three facilities are an Automation & Robotic Center, Lean Lab and Advanced Technology Center for developing leading edge repair capabilities.
- GE is one of the largest aircraft engine suppliers to the Ministry of Defence, powering a number of the Republic of Singapore Air Force’s fighter aircraft and helicopter fleets. GE maintains an in-country field service team delivering performance-based logistics support.
- GE Aviation’s customers in Singapore include BoC Aviation, SIA group of companies and ST Aerospace, an independent, global leader in third party Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) services. GE original parts are used within ST Aerospace’s network of MRO facilities globally.
- GE Repair Solutions Singapore, a gas turbine repair Centre of Excellence for the region, has been serving customers around the world for nearly 45 years. In 2019, we extended its capabilities to include the new HA Repair & Development Centre, the first HA Center outside of the USA. The center leverages global know-how and shared expertise with the supply chain network.
Singapore continues to be one of the key hubs for the GE Power operation in Asia-Pacific, with many of the regional leaders based in Singapore. GE also works with Singaporean companies on ASEAN projects. For example, our partnership with Sembcorp on the Myingyan power project in Myanmar.
GE Repair Solutions Singapore is a GE certified gas repair Center of Excellence in the region, serving gas power generation customers across Asia and around the world.
Today, more than one third of Singapore’s power and cogen installed capacity is served by GE’s Power Services. The business provides end-to-end life cycle management including round-the-clock response through GE’s Monitoring & Diagnostics center in Asia and Operation & Maintenance hub in Singapore ensuring high level of reliability and availability of power grip to customers and in country.
GE’s Power Services customers include Exxon Mobil, Keppel Infrastructure, Senoko, Sembcorp, Shell, SRC and Tuas Power.
Grid Solutions – a GE and Alstom joint venture, equips 90% of power utilities worldwide to bring power from the point of generation to end power consumers. With over 200 years combined experience in providing advanced energy solutions, our products and services enable more resilient, efficient and reliable power systems. Over 20,000 employees in 80 countries work to satisfy our customers globally. Our customers include Singapore Power, Starhub, Energy Market Authority, Keppel and ExxonMobil Asia Pacific.
We value partnerships:
GE’s Volunteer Network in Singapore is committed to contribute to improving the lives of the people and the communities where we operate in. We encourage our employees to bubble up ideas, organize and participate in local activities focused on education, environment, health, and community development. Through our citizenship activities, we strive to drive positive change that is good for the community, our volunteers, and for GE.
Over the past few years, GE Singapore dedicated over 4,000 hours in organizing and participating in community development events annually. Through these efforts, GE Volunteers has received several commendations including the Gold Service Award from the Children's Charities Association of Singapore (2015), People’s Association Community Spirit Award 2015 and AmCham CARES Award (2016, 2017 & 2018).
To send inquiries, including feedback, requests for information, and questions regarding the site, you may reach us at our office address below:
11 North Buona Vista Drive, #09-07, The Metropolis Tower 2, Singapore 138589