GE is one of the pioneering companies that set up manufacturing operations in 1969 in Jurong —Singapore’s first modern industrial estate. Our operations have developed in tandem with Singapore’s aspirations from low wage assembly to a high technology, value adding solutions provider and a regional hub for commercial operations and financial services. Our people perform important tasks in complex manufacturing, engineering services, research and customer applications development, leadership development and regional commercial operations.
Today, GE has about 4,000 employees in Singapore. To improve productivity and sustain economic growth, Singapore continues to develop its talent pool, modernize infrastructure and systems, adopt new technologies, business models, and innovate.
Singapore’s pro-business environment, reliable and efficient infrastructure, pool of global talent and forward- looking companies provide GE with a stable and well-networked platform for growth. GE continues to find exciting growth opportunities in Singapore in Aviation, Healthcare, Power and Renewable Energy. These opportunities extend into other global markets where Singapore companies compete in.
We operate across a number of business sectors in Singapore:
The 2,000+ man strong GE Aviation Engine Services Singapore (GE AESS) provides aircraft engine component manufacturing and repair services. Notably, the Singapore plant is one of GE Aviation’s most efficient worldwide, serving more than 100 customers.
- GE is one of the largest aircraft engine suppliers to the Ministry of Defense, powering most of the Republic of Singapore Air Force’s fighter aircraft and helicopter fleets. GE maintains an in-country field service team delivering performance-based logistics support to these engine fleets.
- GE Aviation Engine Services-Singapore, our aircraft engine component repair facility, celebrated its 35 years of operations in Singapore in February 2016 and announced its plan to invest S$110M in the facility during the next 10 years. This investment demonstrates our commitment to our customers in the region and globally.
- GE Aviation’s customers in Singapore include BoC Aviation, SIA group of companies and ST Aerospace, an independent, global leader in third party Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) services.
- At the 2018 Singapore airshow, SIA Engineering Company Limited and GE Aviation announced a joint venture agreement to form an engine overhaul joint venture based in Singapore. Under the agreement, GE will hold a 51% equity stake in the joint venture, with SIAEC holding the remaining 49%.
- In 2018, GE Aviation announced a S$42M investment in a new aircraft engine component facility to manufacture components for its GE9X engine that will power Boeing’s 777X aircraft. The new 50,000 square foot facility will be located at the Seletar Aerospace Park and produce high pressure compressor components. The facility is expected to employ about 100 skilled technicians and engineers by 2020.
GE Healthcare is the $19 billion healthcare business of GE. As a leading provider of medical imaging, monitoring, biomanufacturing, and cell and gene therapy technologies, GE Healthcare enables precision health in diagnostics, therapeutics and monitoring through intelligent devices, data analytics, applications and services.
Our 300+ staff in Singapore work to provide solutions in diagnostic imaging departments, operating theatres and high acuity wards throughout the country, and we have significant presence in both the private and government sectors—especially public hospitals and national specialty centers. Our customers in Singapore include biopharmaceutical manufacturing, drug discovery and performance improvement solutions. GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver better healthcare outcomes for their patients.
As Singapore’s capabilities grow and customers demand higher technology products and services, GE will continue to deepen our technological base in Singapore.
- In March 2014, we inherited our first GE Healthcare Lifesciences manufacturing facility in Singapore. This is GE Healthcare’s first manufacturing plant in Southeast Asia – a cell culture media facility.
- In March 2018, GE Healthcare attained the license and regulatory approval for of Vizamyl™ in Singapore – a radioactive diagnostic agent for Positron Emission Tomography (PET) imaging of the brain. Approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the European Medicines Agency (EMA), Vizamyl™ detects beta-amyloid plaques in patients being evaluated for cognitive disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease, offering the prospect of earlier diagnosis for such patients.
- In August 2018, GE re-launched its ASEAN Clinical Care Solutions (CCS) Service Hub (previously known as ASEAN Repair Center). This is an initiative by GE to focus on return-to-base repairs for portable healthcare equipment in the ASEAN region. These include console and sub-component (DRU) level repair activities. The ASEAN CCS Service Hub functions as an anchor point for repair solutions in the region that will form an integral service delivery arm to provide faster repair turnaround time for customers.
- Co-located with the ASEAN CCS Service Hub is the GE Healthcare training facility. The facility provides critical hands-on training for users of GE Healthcare products and equipment. Also, sealed in December 2014 was a joint R&D collaboration between The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) and GE Healthcare.
Singapore continues to be one of the key hubs for the GE Power operation in Asia-Pacific, with many of the regional leaders based in Singapore. GE also works with Singaporean companies on ASEAN projects. For example, our partnership with Sembcorp on the Myingyan power project in Myanmar.
GE Repair Solutions Singapore is a GE certified gas repair Center of Excellence in the region, serving gas power generation customers across Asia and around the world.
Today, more than one third of Singapore’s power and cogen installed capacity is served by GE’s Power Services. The business provides end-to-end life cycle management including round-the-clock response through GE’s Monitoring & Diagnostics center in Asia and Operation & Maintenance hub in Singapore ensuring high level of reliability and availability of power grip to customers and in country.
GE’s Power Services customers include Exxon Mobil, Keppel Infrastructure, Senoko, Sembcorp, Shell, SRC andTuas Power.
Grid Solutions – a GE and Alstom joint venture, equips 90% of power utilities worldwide to bring power from the point of generation to end power consumers. With over 200 years combined experience in providing advanced energy solutions, our products and services enable more resilient, efficient and reliable power systems. Over 20,000 employees in 80 countries work to satisfy our customers globally. Our customers include Singapore Power, Starhub, Energy Market Authority, Keppel and ExxonMobil Asia Pacific.
We value partnerships:
GE’s Volunteer Network in Singapore is committed to contribute to improving the lives of the people and the communities where we operate in. We encourage our employees to bubble up ideas, organize and participate in local activities focused on education, environment, health, and community development. Through our citizenship activities, we strive to drive positive change that is good for the community, our volunteers, and for GE.
Over the past few years, GE Singapore dedicated over 4,000 hours in organizing and participating in community development events annually. Through these efforts, GE Volunteers has received several commendations including the Gold Service Award from the Children's Charities Association of Singapore (2015), People’s Association Community Spirit Award 2015 and AmCham CARES Award (2016, 2017 & 2018).
To send inquiries, including feedback, requests for information, and questions regarding the site, you may reach us at our office address below:
11 North Buona Vista Drive, #09-07, The Metropolis Tower 2, Singapore 138589