GE Additive Welcomes Carpenter Technology Corporation to Manufacturing Partner Network
From left to right: Ryan Martin, Sales Leader, Americas, GE Additive, Ken Davis, Director Additive Technology, Carpenter Technology Corporation, Jason Oliver, President & CEO, GE Additive, Stephen Peskosky, VP Corporate Development, Carpenter Technology Corporation, Keith Campbell, Senior Sales Director, GE Additive, William Herbert, Director Corporate Development, Carpenter Technology Corporation
Accelerating the additive revolution through a global network of trusted partners
- Carpenter Technology signs agreement to join MPN as launch partner
- Significant investment in GE Additive technology, services and materials
- Carpenter Technology joins network of production partners for additive products
Munich, Germany/ Farnborough, UK – GE Additive has announced that Carpenter Technology Corporation has signed a Memorandum of Understanding to become one of the first companies to join its newly-launched Manufacturing Partner Network (MPN). Financial terms of the agreement were not released.
As a Manufacturing Partner (MP), Carpenter Technology will expand its leadership in the industry by offering end-to-end solutions through the development and deployment of Additive Manufacturing (AM) technology to include powder materials, part printing, post processing including hot isostatic press and vacuum heat-treat technology, and other services. Carpenter will build on its long history of advanced specialty materials innovation by positioning its capabilities at the forefront of the technology learning curve.
“Carpenter is a trusted and respected name across multiple industries and sectors, so we’re honored to welcome them as a MPN launch partner. Being able to offer such depth of knowledge and experience in materials innovation, and in particular speciality alloys will be beneficial to companies using the MPN,” said Jason Oliver, President and CEO, GE Additive.
“We are pleased to further our long-standing relationship with GE by entering into this important AM partnership as we help accelerate the advancement of AM across industries,” said Tony R. Thene, Carpenter’s Chief Executive Officer. “Partnering with an industry leader such as GE is an excellent opportunity for Carpenter to further advance our AM capabilities and network to bring highly differentiated AM business solutions to its customers and partners.”
The MPN takes an ecosystem approach to addressing several commercial challenges to ensure the additive industry reaches its next inflection point. As companies look for cost-efficient, scalable routes to volume production, limited access to equipment, funding to invest and expertise often prevents them from taking the next critical steps. Additive manufacturing suppliers are seeking demand to build long-term business cases in order to invest, while OEMs need a guaranteed source of capacity, so they can continue to invest with confidence.
The MPN will add additional MPs in all regions, but by design will remain a select group of additive manufacturing specialists, who, like Carpenter Technology, all understand the capabilities and future of this technology. MPs will also benefit commercially in several areas:
- Direct demand generation through a network of OEMs and revenue opportunities generated by GE Additive’s sales teams.
- Knowledge sharing across the network. This includes access to over 150 AddWorksTM consultants and technical support. GE Additive beta machines will be made available to MPs for testing and feedback shared will be incorporated into future product development.
- Co-marketing support and campaigns, including permission to use the GE monogram on all sales, marketing and promotional materials, communications channels and buildings.
- Potential participation in future offload arrangements with GE companies.