GE ADDITIVE MACHINES
Arcam EBM Spectra L
Electron beam melting (EBM) technology has the power to help businesses build the next generation of applications, today. Offering high productivity and lower cost per part, EBM is an innovative technology for manufacturing in the orthopedic implant and aerospace industries.
Arcam EBM Spectra L
We’ve opened the door for a new level of productivity in additive manufacturing, with the new Arcam EBM Spectra L. Our latest innovation offers increased productivity and reduces cost per part by 10%*. Due to an increased beam power to 4.5 kW and enhancements in the beam control, the build speed is increased by 20%, compared to previous Arcam EBM machines.
The Spectra L allows for mass production of parts, by providing the feature to tightly stack parts without comprising on quality. Electron Beam Melting (EBM) technology provides you with freedom in design and allows you to build free floating parts in sintered powder. The supports are primarily used for heat equalization and are easily removed when the build is finished.
The improved melt process results in enhanced surface finish and consistent material properties for thin and bulky geometries. This provides the freedom to design parts without limiting your imagination. In addition, the Spectra L offers the largest build volume of our Arcam EBM machines allowing enhanced capacity to produce high-integrity parts larger, and faster, than ever before.
*Compared to the Arcam EBM Q20plus
- Increased productivity reduces cost per parts, thanks to increased build speed and the largest build volume to tightly stack parts
- Excellent part quality, with improved surface finish and improved material properties for thin wall geometries
- Integrated system architecture, with standardized IoT interface, data analytics for machine health monitoring and our new Powder Recovery Station the PRS 30
Electron Beam Power
350 x 430 mm (D x H)
- Arcam EBM Ti6Al4V Grade 5, P-Material
- Arcam EBM Ti6Al4V Grade 23, P-Material
Integrated system architecture
You can add the new Powder Recovery Station, the PRS 30 to the Spectra L. The PRS 30, features automation of powder blasting, improves ergonomics for the user and allows for a simple, and easy cleaning process. The Spectra L and the PRS 30 offers the standardized IoT interface OPC UA which can be used to connect several machines in a production plant and build a central monitor system. In addition, a new analytics software for health monitoring is available.
- Increased automation with automated blasting, self diagnostic and easy trouble shooting.
- Simplified cleaning by automatic cleaning of blast chamber, exchangeable cyclone and tubes and a combined blasting and air cleaning nozzle.
- Improved ergonomic with a new improved HMI, improved work light and larger window
Unlock your productivity with Spectra L
Our latest innovation Arcam EBM Spectra L offers increased productivity and reduces cost per part by 10%. Due to an increased beam power to 4.5kW and enhancements in the beam control, the build speed is increased by 20%. This is our largest EBM build volume ever.
Build Performance Analyzer
Our EBM BPA is an analytics software that combine machine behavior, EBM physics and domain knowledge of system into an in-depth analysis to give users a quick and easy understanding of performance of each build job.
- Analyzes performance of key machine and process sub-systems such as Vacuum Unit, Beam Unit, Powder Distribution Unit and Auxiliary Units (such as chiller)
- Simple red-yellow-green indicators for quick assessment of severity
- Diagnoses root-cause for failed/aborted builds
- Provides specific recommendations for the user to mitigate the diagnosed issues
- View summary or dig deeper with detailed plot views, statistical summaries
- Easy and simple tracking of actions taken
- Generate report, analyze historic builds
Discover new growth potential for your business
We’ll get to know your needs and priorities to help determine the machines and materials that can accelerate innovation in your business.