GE ADDITIVE MACHINES
Arcam EBM Spectra L
Electron Beam Melting (EBM) technology has the power to help businesses build the next generation of applications, today. Offering high productivity and lower cost per part, EBM is an innovative technology for manufacturing in the orthopedic implant and aerospace industries. The Arcam EBM Spectra L is the latest in the line of innovative EBM machines.
Arcam EBM Spectra L
The new Arcam EBM Spectra L opens the door to a new level of productivity in additive manufacturing. Our latest innovation offers increased productivity and reduces cost per part by up to 10%*. Due to an increased beam power to 4.5 kW and enhancements in the beam control, the build speed is increased by up to 20%, compared to previous Arcam EBM machines.
The Spectra L allows you to tightly stack parts in a build without compromising quality, enabling mass production of parts. Electron Beam Melting (EBM) technology allows you to build free-floating parts in sintered powder with minimal supports. Any supports are used primarily for heat equalization and are easily removed when the build is finished.
The improved melt process results in enhanced surface finish and consistent material properties for thin and bulky geometries. This provides the freedom to design parts without limiting your imagination. In addition, the Spectra L offers the largest build volume of our Arcam EBM machines for enhanced capacity to produce high-integrity parts larger and faster than ever before.
*Compared to the Arcam EBM Q20plus
- Increased productivity for reduced per-part cost, thanks to increased build speed, ability to tightly stack parts and the largest EBM build volume available
- Excellent part quality, with improved surface finish and improved material properties for thin wall geometries
- Integrated system architecture, with standardized IoT interface, data analytics for machine health monitoring and our new Powder Recovery Station, the PRS 30
Electron Beam Power
350 x 430 mm (Ø x H)
- Arcam EBM Ti6Al4V Grade 5, P-Material
- Arcam EBM Ti6Al4V Grade 23, P-Material
Unlock your productivity with Spectra L
Our latest innovation, Arcam EBM Spectra L offers increased productivity and reduces cost per part by up to 10%. Due to an increased beam power to 4.5kW and enhancements in the beam control, the build speed is increased by up to 20%. This is our largest EBM build volume ever.
Build Performance Analyzer
Our EBM BPA is an analytics software that combine machine behavior, EBM physics and domain knowledge of system into an in-depth analysis to give users a quick and easy understanding of performance of each build job.
- Analyzes performance of key machine and process sub-systems such as Vacuum Unit, Beam Unit, Powder Distribution Unit and Auxiliary Units (such as chiller)
- Uses simple red-yellow-green indicators for quick assessment of severity
- Diagnoses root-cause for failed/aborted builds
- Provides specific recommendations for the user to mitigate the diagnosed issues
- Provides summary or gives deeper insight with detailed plot views, statistical summaries
- Tracks actions taken in a simple format
- Generates reports and analyzes historic builds
Discover new growth potential for your business
We’ll get to know your needs and priorities to help determine the machines and materials that can accelerate innovation in your business.