- In Fortune Magazine's 2005 "America's Most Admired Companies" list, GE ranked first overall. (February 2006)
- In Fortune Magazine's 2004 "Global Most Admired Companies" list, GE ranked first overall. (February 2005)
- In Fortune Magazine's 2004 "America's Most Admired Companies" list, GE ranked second overall. (February 2005)
- GE was ranked second in the Financial Times' 2005 "World's Most Respected Companies Survey"; since the Survey’s inception in 1998 GE was ranked first for the seventh consecutive year.
- GE was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index as one of the world's leaders in environmental, social and economic programs.
- In March 2005, GE received the highest corporate governance rating of 10.0 from Governance Metrics International.
- In 2006, BusinessWeek ranked GE the fourth most valuable brand worldwide, after Coca-Cola, Microsoft and IBM. (August 2006)
- In 2006, GE ranked second on the Forbes 2000 list, a comprehensive ranking of the world's biggest companies, measured by a composite of sales, profits, assets and market value. (March 2006)
- GE ranked eighth on Fortune Magazine's "100 TOP MBA Employers" list. (April 2006)
- The Great Place to Work Institute Europe named two GE business units (Commercial Aviation Services, Ireland, and Commercial Finance Fleet Services, Portugal) to the 100 Best Workplaces in the EU List. (May 2006)
- GE received the 2004 Catalyst Award for comprehensive initiatives to advance women through their corporate ranks. (March 2004)
Awards – world