Over the next three years, the center is expected to grow to roughly 300 information technology professionals, and focus on developing innovative new software, processes and technologies to drive excellence for GE Capital and its customers.
GE Capital Technology Center
The Technology Center will be hosting an invite-only networking event on Thursday, September 20, 2012 in New Orleans. We encourage qualified technologists and job seekers to apply to attend. Please apply to attend the event at GE Careers.
Unique Career Opportunities
At GE Capital, we hire exceptional people and invest in their growth, providing unrivalled leadership and training in a diverse and healthy environment. We are about driving growth and productivity by enabling business processes, driving simplification while ensuring the security of our information and assets, and increasing collaboration for employees, customers and partners through digital innovation. Never before has IT been more essential in accelerating the future. Join us at the new GE Capital Technology Center.
Seeking talented IT Risk experts
The Center will bring together roughly 300 talented IT experts in the areas of:
- Application and Enterprise Architecture – Design and configure IT environments across all layers of hardware and software components to enable GE Capital’s applications.
- Business Solutions – Define, design, develop and install custom and packaged business application software working with vendors and internal GE Capital clients.
- Computing Operations – Provide system administration and support for mid-range server/storage systems.
- Data Management – Design and build transactional and reporting data structures, including relational databases, data warehouses and other data sources.
- Enterprise Services, OS and Servers – Maintain and support operating systems, collaboration and messaging systems, and specialized server hardware.
- Networking Services – Configure, install and secure all hardware and software that enables information sharing (LAN, WAN, firewall, Internet and intranet, voice services).
Living in New Orleans
New Orleans is one of the country's most vibrant cities, offering residents the benefits of its rich cultural heritage, low cost of living and mild climate. NOLA is also an exciting place to work. With strong schools and a dynamic business community, New Orleans is increasingly a destination known for intellectual energy and creative capital.
GE Capital has signed a long-term lease for approximately 60,000 square feet of office space at Place St. Charles, in the heart of New Orleans' Central Business District.
For media inquiries only, please contact:
GE Capital - Managing Director, Communications and Public Affairs