Entry-Level Program: Operations Management Leadership Program (OMLP), United States
OMLP accelerates development of entry-level talent and produces leaders capable of meeting the challenges facing the Operations, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Quality functions at GE.
OMLP is a two-year program consisting of four six-month rotations that allow members to build leadership and functional skills through challenging rotational assignments and world-class training. Typical rotations include one or more of the following: Manufacturing Shop Operations Supervisor (leading a manufacturing team in the production of products), Sourcing/Materials (supervising suppliers to improve product quality and negotiate price) and Technical (Lean Leader/ Manufacturing Engineering/Quality/Process Engineering) (improving efficiency of supply chain management through LEAN/cost reduction). Program members are also involved in GE's strategic initiatives-including GE's drive for LEAN Six Sigma.
OMLPs will be placed at one of the following businesses based on availability of positions, the interviewers assessment and the applicant's preference (indicated in the online application):
- GE Appliances
- GE Aviation
- GE Energy
- GE Healthcare
- GE Lighting
- GE Oil & Gas
- GE Transportation
OMLP members have the opportunity to learn the entire supply chain, state of-the-art methods of manufacturing, and sourcing through structured course work and practical application. Coursework includes: Supply Chain Management, LEAN Manufacturing Operations, Environmental Health and Safety, Project Management, Negotiation Skills and Business Acumen. GE's focus on process integration, from design through manufacturing, has been critical to meeting our customers' expectations. OMLP is designed to successfully integrate manufacturing with other key processes in GE. The experience gained during the rotational assignments positions OMLP members for accelerated career growth.
- A four year Engineering Degree
- GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0
- GE is an equal opportunity employer. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in engineering or manufacturing
- Relocation required:
- Appliances: Willing to relocate to Lousiville, KY and must be open to relocation on program
- Aviation: There are 25+ locations including Cincinnati, OH; Greenville, SC; Lynn, MA; Santa Ana, CA; Wilmington, NC; Albuquerque NM. Must be open to relocation on program
- Energy: US based OMLPs may start in one of the following sites: Greenville, SC; Bangor, ME; Schenectady, NY; Duluth, GA; Minnetonka, MN; Houston, TX. Must be willing to relocate at least once in second year of program to one of 30+ sites in North/South America
- Healthcare: Willing to relocate to Milwaukee, WI or other US locations. Must be open to relocation on program
- Lighting: Willing to relocate to Bloomington, IL; Bucyrus, OH; Circleville, OH; Chicago, IL; Cleveland, OH; Dothan, AL; Mankato, MN; Ravenna, OH; Winchester, VA; Lexington, KY; Somerset, KY & move between locations once in two years
- Oil & Gas: Willing to relocate to Houston, TX
- Transportation: Willing to relocate to Erie, PA & be willing move to either MI, FL, CO, CA & other field sites once in two years
Preference will be given to persons with: a major in Mechanical, Industrial and Electrical Engineering; prior intern or co-op experience in manufacturing; knowledge of LEAN; a strong commitment to a career in manufacturing; and an analytic approach to problem solving.
Various locations primarily in U.S. Please see the relocation requirements for details.