Experienced Program: Human Resources Leadership Program (HRLP), United States
Shape the culture that will shape the future.
We work beyond the borders of hierarchy, industry and country; we nurture the growth and development of our people and build the best leaders in the world. HR at GE is about keeping this culture vital, vibrant and united to achieve our mission of moving, curing, building, and powering the world.
Human Resources Leadership Program (HRLP)
Further your future with GE’s dynamic Human Resources Leadership Program (HRLP). This two-year experience will help you uncover your potential for leadership, develop your skills, and take your passion to places you never thought possible. You’ll receive education and personal mentorship from the top minds in your field while being exposed to a variety of disciplines such as talent development, organization & employee support, talent recruitment, learning, compensation and benefits, HR operations, and labor relations.
GE’s HRLP is a two year program that includes three job assignments, in-class and virtual training, and opportunities to lead and participate in impactful projects. In addition, you will join roundtables with senior HR leaders, have opportunities to serve as a mentor to future HRLPs, and take on leadership roles in initiatives impacting future HRLP generations.
The program is divided into three eight-month rotations, with assignments in areas including: HR generalist, employee relations, or specialist roles such as compensation and benefits, staffing, or organizational design. You may choose to undertake a cross-functional assignment in an area such as finance or operations, or even choose to specialize in compensation, benefits and healthcare during your program experience. Your experience will be unique and personalized based on your interests, development and business needs. By placing you in a real job, you will have responsibility immediately, empowering you to make a strategic impact on the people and organization side of GE. Given the vast global presence of GE, demands of the business do provide opportunities for HRLPs to complete international rotations.
GE is a recognized leader for employee training and development. Therefore your development is a critical component of the HRLP program. Training will occur frequently throughout your two years on program, but one of the cornerstones of the HRLP experience is the four global, week-long seminars. During the seminars you will work closely with your HRLP peers from around the world, in partnership with senior HR and business leaders, participating in formal learning, business simulations, and community service activities.
Just as the individual experiences of every HRLP on program will vary based on individual goals and aspirations, the roles that HRLPs take once they complete the program are as equally varied. Whether the role is generalist or specialist, working in a manufacturing site or a corporate office, one thing is certain — through HRLP you will have built the skills required to take on a role with important responsibilities.
- Masters degree in business or a human resources discipline (e.g. industrial & labor relations, industrial & organizational psychology, organizational behavior, etc.)
- 2-5 years of business related work experience
- GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0 overall
- Geographically mobile (rotational program, locations vary)
- GE is an equal opportunity employer. Legal authorization to work in the country/region where the business is hiring is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Additional Desired Criteria
- HR or HR related experience preferred
- Demonstrated potential to exhibit the following attributes: hunger to win, accountable, learner, authentic, giver, agile, judgment, connector.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, project management skills, organization skills
- Ability to understand business strategy and organizations
- Willing to take initiatives and be a change agent
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills, business acumen, possess integrity, flexibility.
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex data
How to Apply
HRLP Leadership Program
We are not currently accepting resumes for this program. Please check back again.