Entry-Level Program: Financial Management Program (FMP), United States
GE's Financial Management Program (FMP) is widely considered to be the premier program of its kind. It is the first step in many successful GE management careers. FMP develops leadership and analytical skills through classroom training and key assignments. There are individual FMP programs specific to many of GE's businesses.
FMP is an intensive two-year entry-level program spanning four rotational assignments. These assignments may include: financial planning, accounting, operations analysis, auditing, forecasting, treasury/cash management, or commercial finance. The program combines coursework, intensive job assignments and interactive seminars to equip you with exceptional technical, financial and business skills. The program is led by senior GE professionals and mentors and is committed to developing world-class financial leaders for exciting careers. FMP intern assignments, generally 10-12 weeks, provide the opportunity to experience the full time program.
FMP, as part of GE's culture of continuous learning and development, provides you with the opportunity for accelerated career growth. Successful FMP participants enjoy significant responsibility and opportunity to contribute to business results and may experience semi-annual salary increases commensurate with performance. The program provides exposure to business leaders in a culture that recognizes and rewards excellence.
FMPs & FMP interns are hired into one of the following businesses based on availability of positions, the interviewer's assessment, and the applicant's preference (indicated on the online application)
- GE Aviation
- GE Capital
- GE Corporate
- GE Energy
- GE Healthcare
- GE Home & Business solutions
- GE Transportation
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related major
- Minimum 3.0 or 4.0 Grade point average scale
- Geographic mobility (rotational program, locations vary by business)
- GE is an equal opportunity employer. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Academic excellence with financial or quantitative interest/competence
- Demonstrated leadership ability and initiative
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills
- Relevant internship experience
- Flexible, Adaptable & Geographically mobile
Please note the FMP recruiting application & hiring process is specific to this region
Various locations across the U.S.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in GE Finance Management Internship/Co-Op Program. An overwhelming number of outstanding individuals were screened for a limited number of opportunities and, at this time, we are unable to accept additional applicants. As positions can open up later in the recruiting season, we invite you to return to our site to check for additional openings.