Corporate Audit Staff (CAS), Program Details
The geographic regions where Corporate Audit Staff hires are aligned with the strategic growth regions for the Company - regions such as Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and Latin America. To learn where in these regions we are hiring, visiting jobs.gecareers.com
Note that internal GE candidates should visit audit.ge.com for additional information regarding the recruiting and hiring process.
Corporate Audit Staff (CAS) is the premier organization within GE for personal and professional growth, developing leaders across the functions through extensive training and practical audit leadership roles. It's an intensive two-year program designed to provide high potential employees with unparalleled on-the-job development opportunities.
With three rotations a year in different GE businesses and countries, CAS members get valuable hands-on experience and networking opportunities. Participants conduct comprehensive reviews of GE businesses, including financial reporting, risk management, compliance and acquisition integrations/dispositions.
For further details on the program, please click on the links below:
Recruiting & Hiring Process
Each year, CAS hires external candidates globally to join GE's premier leadership program for personal and professional growth. The recruiting and hiring process is very rigorous, involving both phone and in person interviews. Additionally, the completion of technical case studies is required.
The recruitment and hiring process can take 3-6 months. Because of this, there are three times per year when auditors can join CAS - January, May and September.
Corporate Audit Staff operates on a trimester schedule. Therefore, auditors participate in three audits per year gaining exposure to different business models, cultures and challenges. Typically, the audit location, team and manager change from trimester to trimester.
CAS is a recognized developer of leaders, where auditors receive extensive on-the-job experience, training and real-time coaching focused on leadership development and technical skills. Auditors also have access to numerous online tools and classroom-based courses to further strengthen their capabilities and leadership skills.
Corporate Audit Staff provides auditors with opportunities to take a significant role in the leadership, management, and advancement of the program. Auditors can generate and drive improvement efforts and support critical company initiatives such as simplification, controllership, and growth. They also have the unique opportunity to work with colleagues across businesses and around the globe to lead change initiatives in a wide variety of areas. The program helps them develop world-class communication, leadership, financial and controllership skill sets.
For more information on leadership opportunities after CAS, see the Career Progression section below.
Performance feedback is critical to the CAS development process. Evaluations occur multiple times per year and assess auditors on five competencies: critical thinking, expertise, execution/project management, communication and leadership. Every auditor can expect to receive 6 appraisals, 3 development plans and 1 performance summary each year.
The CAS evaluation process is unique within GE as the level of individual attention on performance is intense. The attention focuses on each auditor's growth and success on program and within their career.
The initial commitment is two years as an Associate Auditor. After that period, there is an opportunity for audit leadership roles within CAS or placement into a key business role within GE.
After the completion of the program, you will be required to take a leadership role at a business within your home country.
CAS Affinity and Employee Groups
GE and CAS foster and support a diverse workforce. Our affinity and employee groups include: GE Asian Pacific American Forum, GE African American Forum, GE Women's Network, GE Hispanic Forum, the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender Alliance and the Parents, Spouses & Partners Network.
GE is an equal opportunity employer. Legal authorization to work in the country/region where the business is hiring is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- A minimum of 3 to maximum 6 years work experience in a finance, accounting, auditing or related field
- 4 year university degree
- Eligible to work in the country you are applying to (no exceptions)
- Fluent in English and the language of the country you are applying to
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, independent and ability to execute with minimum supervision
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Strong analytical and risk assessment skills
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally, up to 100%, as needed for a minimum of two years
- No restrictions on entering the United States of America for training or business meetings
Please note that the CAS recruiting, application and hiring process is specific to this region.
How To Apply
- Algeria - Submit Your Resume
- Angola - Submit Your Resume
- Argentina - Submit Your Resume
- Bahrain - Submit Your Resume
- Brazil - Submit Your Resume
- China - Submit Your Resume
- India - Submit Your Resume
- Indonesia - Submit Your Resume
- Japan - Submit Your Resume
- Korea - Submit Your Resume
- Mexico - Submit Your Resume
- Nigeria - Submit Your Resume
- Russia - Submit Your Resume
- Saudi Arabia - Submit Your Resume
- Thailand - Submit Your Resume
- Turkey - Submit Your Resume
- Vietnam - Submit Your Resume