GE understands solving the world’s toughest problems through advanced manufacturing techniques and processes requires collaboration. By crowdsourcing innovation—both internally and externally—GENIUSLINKTM is improving customer value and driving advancements across industries. By sourcing and supporting innovative ideas, wherever they might come from, and applying GE’s scale and expertise, GENIUSLINKTM 's approach to open innovation is helping to address customer needs more efficiently and effectively.
Open Innovation Manifesto
We believe openness leads to inventiveness and usefulness.
We also believe that it’s impossible for any organization to have all the best ideas, and we strive to collaborate with experts and entrepreneurs everywhere who share our passion to solve some of the world’s most pressing issues.
We’re initiating a fundamental shift in the way we do business - this is what we’ll stand for in our open collaboration efforts and how we will operate.
- Customer focus, imagination, courage, expertise, inclusiveness, and clear thinking will always guide our collaborative effort.
- We will openly celebrate the efforts of lead solvers who have submitted winning solutions within our public collaborations.
- We’ll collaborate with transparency – publishing evaluation criteria, rules, compensation and IP rights at the launch of our engagements.
- We believe ideas should be compensated - and compensation pools will always reflect level of impact, effort, commercialization risk and IP rights.
- We’ll provide access to pools of IP to enable the Global Brain to create new and beneficial outcomes.
- We’ll never stop experimenting, collaborating and learning – we’ll get smarter as we go, and the Global Brain will evolve and grow with us.
GE continues to launch a variety of open innovation challenges and inviting the global community to provide ideas, proposals and technologies that can help us build a better tomorrow:
- Check out Fuse, GE’s revolutionary manufacturing model. Participate in challenges, brainstorms & discussions to help solve for complex problems ranging from aeronautics to imaging and more!
- Exciting news! MOU signed with Mubadala, the Dubai Future Foundation, and GE for first UAE region microfactory!
- Fuse – X-Ray Plate Adapter Challenge (submissions under evaluation)
- GE Healthcare + Ochnser Health Systems with Idea Village – Healthy @ Home Innovation Challenge (Phase 2 winners announced) here
- Predix Community on TopCoder – A place for developers to get Predix-savvy with educational and fun challenges
GE has hosted a variety of campaigns, inviting entrepreneurs, companies and other institutions to offer their solutions to these high impact challenges. Learn more about the campaign and winners here:
- GE Current – Lights for Life Challenge
- GE Lighting EMEA – Light the Way: Concepts for the Future of Office Lighting Challenge (View winners here)
- GE Healthcare + Ochnser Health Systems with Idea Village - Wear Your Health Innovation Challenge (View Phase I and 2 winners here)
- GE Current – Light the Intelligent World App Ideation Challenge
- GE Industrial Remix Challenge (View the winners here!)
- GE Ecomagination & GE Water Solving Scarcity through Water Reuse: Data Science Innovation Challenge